Governmental Affairs Committee
Working on behalf of business in the legislative arena, the GAC works to ensure that the business voice will be heard on issues of importance at local, state, and national levels. The mission of this committee is to serve as a liaison to government on behalf of business to influence, inform, and promote constructive government/business relations. The GAC makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for action upon specific legislative issues, on behalf of the business community of Wayne County, and lays the groundwork for orderly economic growth and visionary change for the community..
- Works with governmental agencies to provide information to the Community on economic development issues
- Continues to raise candidates’ awareness of critical business issues and provide voters with information for evaluating candidates
- Continues to focus on relations with local government officials such as the County Manager, City Manager, Wayne Development Alliance as well as state organizations such as the North Carolina Eastern Region, North Carolina Military Business Center, Wayne Community College, and Mt. Olive College
- Promotes partnerships among local business, government, military and education via the “State of the Community” event, and regional issues through the NC Eastern Region’s ” State of the Region “ event
- Works to promote a greater understanding of community/government issues through the Legislative Briefing Breakfasts
State & Federal Links