24 Jul Now Accepting Leadership Wayne Class Project Applications
Now Accepting Leadership Wayne Class Project Applications
Thursday, August 2, 2018
Each year the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce hosts a Leadership Wayne program where individuals in our community participate in a nine months program on Leadership. One of the criteria for graduation is they must complete a community-based project. Class members must work together to raise funds and complete a class project. The project is an important team-building exercise and gives the class a chance to leave their mark on the community. Depending on the size, scope and expense of the project, the actual hands-on part of the program may not begin until January of the class year. Regardless of the start date, the project must be completed and presented to the community by April 29, 2019.
As a non-profit in our community, the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce would like to encourage you to submit an application to be considered by the class. The following are essential aspects that must be addressed when submitting an application:
• The project must provide hands-on work for all class members and must include tasks that all class members can complete together.
• The project must be accessible to and for the benefit of Wayne County citizens.
• The project must be sustainable in that it will not need future maintenance or upkeep. In the event the project would need to be maintained after completion, there must be a plan in place.
• The project must be completed within a 3 to 4 months period.
• The project costs must be reasonable and must fall within the parameters of the class’s ability to raise funds for the project.
You are invited to attend an informational session where we will explain the process, answer any questions you may have and be available to help you fine tune your proposal. The session will be held in the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce Executive Conference room on Tuesday, August 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm. For those that submitted an application in prior years, please make plans to attend the meeting and talk with committee members for ideas on how to update your proposal so that it will increase your chances of being selected.
Please contact me at (919) 734-2241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to rsvp to the informational session or if you have any questions.