Goldsboro Christmas Parade
Saturday, December 3, 2016 4:00pm
NO SANTAS PLEASE!
**Submission of the Application means that your Organization / Business agrees to comply with the guidelines**
(Please review Fees Schedule, Deadlines, and Other Required Guidelines before submitting Entry Form)
1. Entry Deadline – Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Entries must be received or postmarked (placed in mail) by the above date in order to avoid late fees.
2. Payment must be made by check, money order or cash. Entry fees are Non Refundable. A $25 service charge will be added to all returned checks
**If entry fee required, payment must be received and processed (e.g. valid check payment) to be given a position #**
3. Late fees: Entries will not be accepted without late fees during last two weeks before parade.
$25.00 late fee – Entries received/postmarked two weeks before parade (November 14th – 18th)
$35.00 late fee – Entries received/postmarked one week before parade (November 21st – 25th)
$50.00 late fee – First 10 Late Entries received the week of parade (November 28th)
4. **ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOVEMBER 28th TO BE GUARANTEED A POSITION**
5. Entries are limited to 40 feet of total length. (Length should include vehicle and any trailer/float.)
6. Bands must play Christmas music and floats must play Christmas music.
7. Performing groups (Bands, ROTC, Twirling Groups, Dancers, etc.) may stop & perform for 2 minutes at designated performance sites ONLY.
Designated performing sites: 1)Waynesboro House-Center Street, 2) Flying Shamrock-John Street & 3) Worrell Contracting-Center Street
8. NO candy or other items may be thrown or distributed during the parade (City ordinance due to safety hazard).
9. Once a vehicle arrives for parade line-up, a representative of the group must remain with the vehicle at all times in case the vehicle may need to be moved or repositioned. In addition, the Chamber nor any City official or employee is responsible for any maintenance or damages to entries.
10. For safety reasons and noise control, motorcycles, ATVs, golf carts, horses, etc. must report to their assigned parade position, cut off the motor to the vehicle and stay in that position during the parade line-up. No riding around or practicing in the parade line-up area or route will be allowed prior to parade commencing. Also, showboating or displaying of any dangerous activity will NOT be permitted before, during, or after parade.
12. Riders of motorized vehicles (motorcycles or ATVs) must wear helmets at ALL times even during parade (NC law).
13. Riders of floats/vehicles must be within the confines of the float/vehicle and thus not sit on the sides, back, or front so that body parts hang over the sides.
14. The Chamber is not responsible for any non-Chamber related accidents or incidents.
15. If at any time parade entries do not comply with Parade rules or the law, law enforcement officials of all levels have the right to intervene (action may include ‘warnings’, ‘removal from parade’, ‘citation’, or any necessary disciplinary action, AT THEIR DISCRETION). WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY PARTICIPATION IN PARADE FOR NON-COMPLIANCE WITH RULES!
16. Please do not stop independently of other entries in front of or behind you. There should be no more than 1/2 a block between you and entry in front of you at any time. Also, do not stop at end of parade route to let off riders. Proceed to corner of Spruce & James Streets to let off riders.
17. Only vehicles in the parade will be allowed in the line-up / staging area. **ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!!!**
18. The Chamber does not contract with any company to provide professionally made floats; nor, do we provide contact information for this service.
19. Media will be located outside of City Hall on Center Street. If your group is approached by media please make a complete stop to be interviewed. Use the front of the application to describe your entry. This information will be provided to media to introduce your group. There is no guarantee as to what will be used/said.
Please limit your entry description to 3 sentences. Anything beyond this number will NOT be read.
20. Special line-up requests will only be considered and granted if they are noted on the entry form.
21. Position #s, arrival times & locations, and other info will be emailed to the address you provide on the application and posted online at www.waynecountychamber.com on Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Please allow 24-hours for posting.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL TO REQUEST POSITION # OR SPECIAL REQUESTS. Entries submitted after this date may result in not receiving Parade information online. To ensure you receive information, please include an email address on the application.
Failure to include an email address on the form may result in your not being notified about your line-up # and time.
**DO NOT CALL FOR ENTRY POSITION, LOCATION, TIMES, OR OTHER INFO**
22. Please print clearly ALL information on entry form. Position entries and numbers will be posted based on application information. The Chamber is not responsible for any missing or misspelled line-up entries.
23. Phone calls are returned at the discretion of the Chamber and will be limited due to time constraints.
**PHONE CALLS SHOULD ONLY BE MADE BETWEEN 8am – 5pm. FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY MAKE CONTACT DIFFICULT** If you have questions, it is highly recommended AND preferred they are asked by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for efficient return contact. ONLY EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS WILL BE REPLIED TO.
*Commercial – Organization whose main purpose is for profit (i.e. business). Any reference to organization on entry form will require this fee.
**Float – A plat-formed vehicle or trailer pulled by any vehicle which has been decorated to reflect the parade theme.
***Horses – A clean-up person must be provided by each group of horses otherwise a $50 clean-up fee will be assessed.
Vehicle, Dune Buggy, & Float**
Non-Profit Fee – $35.00
Commercial Fee* – $50.00
Non-Profit Fee – $10.00 per vehicle
Commercial Fee* – $15.00 per vehicle
Non-Profit Fee – $10.00 per horse
Commercial Fee* – $15.00 per horse
Non-Profit Fee – No charge
Commercial Fee* – $15.00
No charge (1st vehicle) Each additional – $20.00
Mail checks or money orders
Payable to: Wayne County Chamber of Commerce
with Appropriate Fee to:
Goldsboro Christmas Parade
PO Box 1107
Goldsboro, NC 27533
For more info: email@example.com or (919) 734-2241
**Please limit calls & do so only after reviewing the guidelines**